Home Register FAQ BrownyPlayer Members List
Mark Forums Read

Ian Brown Everything Ian Brown in here.

Old 28-01-2015, 03:48 PM   #1
highlander
In The Shadow Of A Saint

Thanks Given: 422
Recent court proceedings

Anybody read any of these reports? Ian's replies to the defence QC are class.
Whatever attention we're getting,we deserve it...we want to be the best at everything. To be all things to all people at all times. Aim for the stars and you're gonna hit the ceiling. Never put up with second best...'
highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 05:30 PM   #2
Mart_
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 480
Doing what he believes to be the right thing in exposing people in responsible positions who think they can get away with such appalling behaviour.

I think Ian's main focus is ensuring justice and subsequent closure for the victims.

The lawyers get paid to do a job. Ian highlighted that after batting off the normal nonsense in only the way Ian could. Should be applauded as that takes bollocks.

The 70's was an odd time. We had some teachers in our school who were 'earmarked' for certain 'alledged' inappropriateness. And by all accounts one of them in particular got his just desserts. I'm all for that. This guy used to take me skiing lessons in Rossendale before I found out sometime he was 'taken out of the education system never to be seen again'. Had he tried anything with me as a 14 year old Id've bitten the fckers nose off!....However....

What was mad was reading the MEN online on my iPhone yesterday afternoon mooching to the shop and bumping into Reni. I promptly showed him my phone and he was fully in support of Ian's actions.

What a lovely man Reni is by the way...And well done IBx.
Mart_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked 3 times
Old 28-01-2015, 06:11 PM   #3
Only One Stop
Star Spangled
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 59
Don't suppose you noticed if Reni been shopping for drumsticks???

Aye 70's a strange time.

Male teacher in biology lesson in primary 7, I would have been 10 or 11 asked us about "wanking" and that was the word he used.

Adult helpers at Scouts were a bit strange as well.
Only One Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:
Old 28-01-2015, 06:22 PM   #4
highlander
In The Shadow Of A Saint

Totally agree Mart, I have the up most respect for Ian for doing what he did he's a top bloke with a big heart, and like you say batting off the nonsense from a txxt paid plenty to defend these monstrous cxnts,makes me sick.Ian has never been one to shy away from 'standing up' for what he believes is right or wrong.I only hope beyond hope that his evidencehelps to lock the cxnt up.only sad thing is he'll probably end up in a nice little wing full of other nonses, I'd much rather see the lot of em on a normal wing with nutters likely to do em in. In fact scratch that string the feckin lot of em up. Big up to Ian,working class hero.
Whatever attention we're getting,we deserve it...we want to be the best at everything. To be all things to all people at all times. Aim for the stars and you're gonna hit the ceiling. Never put up with second best...'
Thanks from:
Old 28-01-2015, 06:26 PM   #5
Mart_
Forum Donator

Appeared very upful and relaxed and enjoying well earned restage. Can't believe he's a neighbour!! I played it cool like you do. Well, as cool as I can possibly be when you're talking to the best drummer in the Milky Way!!

Yes I asked the inevitable. No. I ain't saying a word 'cos there isnt any...So don't even ask me....

Nothing to see here....!!

70's in our school was a matter of survival. To avoid the gestapo teachers who appeared to enjoy their megalomaniac status, the nucleus thug element in an overspill Salford comprehensive and Mary Jane Rottencrotch I'd wile away my break-times reading books at the top of a tree, well out the way with a couple of likeminded mates who hated the whole system. Whoever the Education Secretary was at that time probably needs hanging from said tree considering the recent attempts to hide certain members of parliaments activities??!

That way I would'nt get fondled, picked on, involved in bollocks or potentially fondled a second time. Needless to say, said school has now been demolished which was a blessing in reality.

There weren't many positives in my view of 70's education...
Thanks from:
Old 28-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #6
highlander
In The Shadow Of A Saint

Your a lucky bugger mart, my neighbours are all arseholes and not one of them can play the drums.
Thanks from:
Old 28-01-2015, 06:59 PM   #7
Mart_
Forum Donator

Got Reni, Damon Gough (Badly Drawn Chap) and Jim Noir (Al) a stones throw away at the end of the street!! Had a couple of pleasant scoops with the latter two recently...More discerning neighbours than were used to!!

Sure beats Wythenshawe!!

S'all happening!!! Take care boss

X
Thanks from:
Old 28-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #8
bathing
Above Skylines
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 872
Fred talbot

Have you stuck that door number up yet Martin? ;-) x

Last edited by bathing; 28-01-2015 at 09:33 PM..
bathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #9
Mart_
Forum Donator

Not yet Dave. Landlords a bit up his arse bro!!
Thanks from:
Old 29-01-2015, 11:10 AM   #10
'Jailer'

Thanks Given: 950
Thanked 2,057 Times in 825 Posts
Changed thread title and move to Ian B forum - ta.
Old 29-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #11
joe.mac
Social Chameleon

Thanks Given: 0
Definately not a Manchester Thing but here's another music legend on Manchester Schools in same era.

Morrissey: ‘I was stroked and ogled at school’

The former Smiths frontman details in the book, called Autobiography, how one PE teacher at St Mary’s Secondary Modern in Stretford stood staring at naked boys in the shower. Morrissey has used his autobiography to make shocking claims about brutality and sexual perversions of his teachers during his school days in Manchester.

The former Smiths frontman details in the book, called Autobiography, how one PE teacher at St Mary’s Secondary Modern in Stretford stood staring at naked boys in the shower and how another sensually rubbed cream into his wrist after a fall.
He says: “At 14 I understand the meaning of the unnecessarily slow and sensual strokes, with eyes fixed to mine, and I look away, and the moment passes.”

Morrissey claims the same teacher later leaned into him while he was drying after a shower and asked to look at a scar on his stomach.

“But his eyes were lower, and these are moments that cause you to check certain words in dictionaries, and for the first time you are forced to consider yourself to be the prize, or the quarry,” he says in the book.

He writes of another teacher at the school: “It is commonly noted how he stands and stares and stands and stares at showering boys when neither standing nor staring is necessary.”

Morrissey claims he was also belted with a leather strap after he told the teacher he was ‘not interested’ in a book that the teacher was reading.

He claims the school was ‘Kafka-esque in its nightmare’ and offered ‘nothing at all except a lifelong awareness of hate as a general truth’.

The teachers, he said, were ‘notoriously mean disciplinarians’.

He says: “We must kill our true selves off in order to survive.”

Morrissey also hits out at the ‘black mausoleum’ of St Wilfrid’s primary school in Hulme, which he said had ‘the power to make you unhappy, and this is the only message it is prepared to give’.

He claims one teacher was a ‘rambling stew of hate’ and another was a ‘cauldron of spite’.

Morrissey also claims how one PE teacher at the school threw him into the water at Trafford Park Baths after he refused to jump in. It was an act, he said, that today would count as ‘extreme physical and psychological assault’.

He says: “This is the Manchester school system of the 1960s, where sadness is habit- forming, and where shame is cattle-prodded into kids who are in pursuit of bliss amid the unrelenting disapproval.”
joe.mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #12
Mart_
Forum Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Jailer' View Post
Changed thread title and move to Ian B forum - ta.
Girrus a bell when you're not busy love xx
Thanks from:
Old 30-01-2015, 08:43 AM   #13
Scotty
Walking Miles

Thanks Given: 89
I thought Ian's responses were great, I liked the one about having an exceptional memory and i'll tell you that for nothing
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #14
Brownie
Above Skylines
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 665
Bit shocked when I first got home from work and seen it, sounded like Ian was on top form, gave as good as he got, showing support for fellow mates in court.

He's a wrong'un.
Old 13-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #15
Brownie
Above Skylines
Forum Donator

See he's been found guilty of 2 of the charges
Old 14-02-2015, 01:12 AM   #16
highlander
In The Shadow Of A Saint

2 charges good enough for jail time, pity it wasn't all charges though,
Old 14-02-2015, 03:37 AM   #17
'Jailer'

I think it's far from over yet.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotlan...ated-1-3690235
Old 14-02-2015, 08:27 AM   #18
Brownie
Above Skylines
Forum Donator

Anyone see the Police interview where he's saying 'no comment' - it's disgusting, then he let's slip that he can't read his own handwriting !
Old 14-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #19
Wriggers
Superstar

Thanks Given: 1,175
Thanked 1,437 Times in 941 Posts
The fuckin twat.
Old 14-02-2015, 09:33 PM   #20
mancman16
Cut Like A Diamond

Thanks Given: 228
''From The Bank's Of The River Irwell''

Never been touched by any of this kind of myther meself,forgive the pun,but I know of plenty who have and im fully aware of the consequences suffered by those that have been on the wrong end of a wrong en.Really pleased that IB was able to go and put his side of events and hold his own in court for his class mates, good on him.Hope Fred the **** gets what he deserves.
Old 17-02-2015, 05:37 PM   #21
Scotty
Walking Miles

Thanks Given: 89
Although one of ian's class mates also appeared to dismiss Ian's evidence so who knows?
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 09:13 PM   #22
'Jailer'

I guess you have to think what would anyone, let alone someone like Ian (who is famous enough and could buy Talbot a thousand times over) have to gain by going to court to tell of what he knew.
Whereas someone who (potentially) has nothing might stand to gain something by testifying in favour of the defendant.
All conjecture you understand...
Old 13-03-2015, 05:11 PM   #23
highlander
In The Shadow Of A Saint

A 5year sentence, let's hope there's more to come from the Scottish investigation.
Thanks from:
Old 16-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #24
highlander
In The Shadow Of A Saint

Ian's been giving evidence in Scotland today, let's hope he helps in getting Talbot more time.
Old 18-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #25
jamiet
All Ablaze

Thanks Given: 14
He was spotted having some Japanese food in Bar Soba on Byres Road yesterday. Had my eyes extra peeled walking home from work last night in case I bumped into him, no joy I'm afraid.
jamiet is offline   Reply With Quote

Ian Brown Official Discussion Forums > Ian Brown Forums > Ian Brown