right click> save link as
yep tried it .. doesn't work.

kymystry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #77
lowrider

Thanks Given: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Head over to our Video Page to see IATR with Ian and Mani! Courtesy of *KC* ..!
Just checked that out, excellent video. Big up KC
Old 02-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #78
'Jailer'

Thanks Given: 958
Thanked 2,077 Times in 831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymystry View Post
yep tried it .. doesn't work.
No. It does work Kim - just doesn't work on your PC!
You said earlier it downloads OK?

Quote:
can download OK
The download is working absolutely fine.
And the wmv tag has been added to the Apache config line on the server today, so providing you have Windows Media Player's configuration with Firefox correct, the text should no longer appear - Media Player should stream.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #79
lowrider

Thanks Given: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Jailer' View Post
No. It does work Kim - just doesn't work on your PC!
You said earlier it downloads OK?

The download is working absolutely fine.

Same here, I run Firefox & it opened fine in Windows Media player, also no problems on the download either.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #80
kymystry
HotNeck
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 538
Yeah .. sorry guys .. my mistake

think I'll go back to bed ....

kymystry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:45 PM   #81
Lambertini
Like An Ostrich

Thanks Given: 0
It's ages since I posted on the site (1st since the new look) but I thought going to Vs Cancer (sober) was worthy of a few remarks

Overall Great Night, Charlatans were spot on as usual and Noel Gallaghers set was quite simply breathtaking. I'm not an Oasis die-hard but he really did deliver.

However the man I really went to see was the legend Brownie in the venue where I saw him last. The encore of IATR was awesome, trully spectacular and it raised the roof, everyone in even the most upper tiers were jumping - nice to see Mani and Cresser, shame for the SR enthusiasts that no surprise visit by Reni or even John.
On the balance this finale just about made up for, what for me, was a very poor performance before it. The solo hits had the usual reaction and were well picked, I think the crowd wanted IWBA or other Roses tunes but this was acceptable fare. But the 2 new songs killed the atmosphere and stopping the first one after a minute to start again is a long way from what we (and I am sure Ian) are used too. I am sure when I look properly at the lyrics I will be more appreciative but it just seemed like a big rant with Ian trying to out shout the music. I have never seen so many people head from the front of the stage or up the aisles of the seating areas mid-show.
Unfortunatley as most people probably are more used to the music of the Gallaghers and have not seen Ian live before - they will not be left impressed and I am sure this will come up again and again when discussing music down the pub.

I do see this as a blip in comparison to other performances (Glast 05 for example) but I wonder if IB's solo stuff has peaked with Solarized, hope not, really do but it fuels the flames of those who would like a re-union.

Rich
Old 02-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #82
punkylass
Walking Miles
Forum Donator

Disagee, i couldn't wait to hear 'On Track', i thought Ian played a blinder, new songs or not, but then again if he sang nursery rhymes all night i'd still say he was wonderful. Just being there in his presence made my night.

http://www.myspace.com/punky_lass
punkylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #83
punkylass
Walking Miles
Forum Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtman View Post
did anyone else come home with half the floor from n&d all over there trainers .apart from that top night
yeah my jeans were so stiff with all the beer they had soaked up they could've walked home on their own!

http://www.myspace.com/punky_lass
punkylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #84
Mart_
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 489
Sorry Lambo, I disagree too mate. Very poor performance? I think thats a bit f**kin harsh and I know opinions are personal things, but I cant agree with that statement at all. People wanted him to come up with some new stuff, so he did. On Track? Did you not hear it properly mate? Gimme the lyrics now and lets talk through it. It 'kin rocked. Personally, I like the "Nope, f*ck this, lets start this tune again" thing.....In dancehall/Soundsystem, its a rewind/start again, one for effect one cos we want to start again cos its such a good tune and intro; means you get 1 and half times the same tune, more music for your money, but means hes not happy and he wants to get it right.

I think 'very poor performance' just isnt right at all Lambo. OK, 'Goodbye to" didnt quite catch the mood of the evening, but every tune up until that point, from what I witnessed high up in the Gods, people were buzzin their jugs off....

I bid you a fine afternoon Sir.....

Last edited by Mart_; 02-04-2007 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Too much cussin again....Me Mum will ground me for a week....
Mart_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #85
Steven Tolan
Superstar

Thanks Given: 2
I am gutted I couldnt make it..

and I reckon its all down to personal preferences really... If you want Roses tunes I think there are a few good cover bands out there..

and on the subject of new tunes lambertini?.. Fair play - he didnt have to air them but I think he wanted to give the peeps a little snippet of them... and it was for such a special cause that I think thats why maybe IB did it.

Each to their own though fella....
Steven Tolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #86
spiralmama
Walking Miles
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 17
i wasn't there, but from what i can hear/see on the vids the new songs sound quality. getting more excited about the new album with everything i hear.

imho, i think those who were there should just be happy they've seen the man himself and heard the new stuff live, instead of complaining about what they didn't get to hear - some of us on here'd give a lot to be in your shoes. sorry folks, jmo.

Last edited by spiralmama; 02-04-2007 at 05:14 PM..
spiralmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #87
caly
F.E.A.R.E.D.
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 41
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....men_arena.html

Bring Back Boredom
caly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #88
Fredumb
Whisperer

vids r great, the night ws great, my mate was on the front and got some gud vids , il put em on myspace asap!
Fredumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #89
bathing
Above Skylines
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 885
Lambrini? Are you of sound mind? Do you know how bloody hard it was to negotiate those steps? I,along with the Hepster held in wee for the whole of IB's set and went without beer for it as well......so there!

yes i know thats not your name
Old 02-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #90
Party
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 87
Glad to hear you held it chaps and didn't make use of your empty pint pots! The sinks in the gents however, were another matter.....eeuggghhh.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #91
bathing
Above Skylines
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 885
There was no rinsing your face in them fella!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:10 AM   #92
heppy
Just Like You
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathing View Post
The pleasure was all mine fella....do you remember Mick Hucknall in the beer queue?
oh yeah...
Peeing in the sink is wrong but.......when you gotta go
Old 03-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #93
Lambertini
Like An Ostrich

Just having my opinion guys, just as you are entitled to yours. Perhaps my disappointment comes from outstanding performances from IB previously at MEN and especially Blackpool. Maybe not drinking did not help.
Looking forward to the new album but want to see an improvement on "All-Ablaze" (personal opinion).
Old 03-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #94
Steven Tolan
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambertini View Post
Just having my opinion guys, just as you are entitled to yours. Perhaps my disappointment comes from outstanding performances from IB previously at MEN and especially Blackpool. Maybe not drinking did not help.
Looking forward to the new album but want to see an improvement on "All-Ablaze" (personal opinion).
No worries mate. Maybe lack of alcohol had something to do with it and you couldnt get into the same vibe as the rest of your gigs...

All Ablaze for me was class. What musical route would you like to see him go down?..

Just be aware there may be a few forumers on here who disagree with you on a few points though... but a healthy debate never done anyone no harm..
Old 03-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #95
Lisa
Superstar

Thanks Given: 82
Just one word to describe friday night " PHENOMENAL"

It was the best night and will be the best night EVER. Some people might think thats a bit over the top..but for me thats how it was. I really didint want it end. Everything about it...just ace!!!

I thought Ians set was amazing, even with the 2 new tracks, cos in a short while they will be the songs everyone will be asking for, the guys gotta try em out somewhere!!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #96
katyofmanc
Like An Ostrich

haha so exciting seeing my photo on the front page here

Last Ian Brown gig I dropped my camera and it got trod on by 1000 mancunians so I was taking no chances this time yey!!
katyofmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #97
Steven Tolan
Superstar

Tis a great photo ... !
Old 03-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #98
JSU
In The Shadow Of A Saint

Telegraph Review

Rockocracy inspires a 1,000-pint toast

Dominic White reviews Manchester Versus Cancer at the MEN Arena

Andy Rourke may have taken third billing to Morrissey and Johnny Marr in the Smiths, but the diffident bassist apparently kept the best contacts book. For this second annual charity concert, he recruited the crowned heads of Manchester's rock aristocracy plus distinguished visitors.

Mancunian Rourke, who recently lost a close friend to cancer, staged the first concert after learning that his home town has the country's highest death rate from the disease.

Last year, he persuaded Marr to perform with him for the first time since the Smiths' acrimonious break-up, so a packed MEN Arena was primed for some unique collaborations. Peter Hook guested with Echo and the Bunnymen on a poignant rendition of New Order's Ceremony, which the bassist dedicated to Tony Wilson, the Manchester impresario who is battling kidney cancer.

The Charlatans followed with a solid greatest-hits set that ignited with the entrance of Paul Weller. The angular Modfather strutted on stage and unleashed dazzling versions of the Jam's Town Called Malice and John Lennon's Power to the People - the Charlatans' floating keyboards providing an ample foil to Weller's stinging guitar.

Ian Brown's grinning arrival boosted the party atmosphere - what the former Stone Roses frontman lacked in vocal finesse, he made up for in simian charisma. Striking ironic Mr Universe poses and jogging on the spot, he shuffled through Golden Gaze and Time Is My Everything before the opening synth whooshes to his biggest hit F.E.A.R. sparked an ecstatic reaction.

With trademark contrariness, Brown closed by debuting two brooding orchestral tracks from his forthcoming album. Backed by Rourke on bass, he introduced Goodbye to the Broken by instructing the Manchester faithful to "keep off the class As".

Luckily, headliner Noel Gallagher only had to stroll on stage to send the arena back into overdrive.

In fine voice, and with backing from Oasis colleague Gem Archer and percussionist Terry Kirkbride, the 39-year-old led semi-acoustic, mid-tempo singalongs of Talk Tonight, Half the World Away, The Importance of Being Idle and Cast No Shadow, for which a thousand plastic pint glasses were held aloft.

Weller re-emerged to duet on a shimmering version of the Jam's The Butterfly Collector before leaving Gallagher to deliver a nod to Rourke's heritage with a faithful rendering of the Smiths' There is a Light That Never Goes Out, and a predictable but irresistible Don't Look Back in Anger.

The finale saw Ian Brown lead a joyously ramshackle I Am the Resurrection with a little help from Mani, the Roses-turned-Primal Scream bassist. Despite the fluffed cues, Manchester belted out the euphoric chorus to close the night triumphant.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #99
hac1989
Social Chameleon

did ian sing the verse of IATR, was there but canny mind! on youtube it sounds like it was just the crowd???
hac1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #100
Party
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambertini View Post
Nowt wrong with that mate, we don't all have to agree do we.

Ian Brown Official Discussion Forums > Ian Brown Forums > Ian Brown