Go Back   Ian Brown Official Discussion Forums > Ian Brown Forums > Ian Brown
Home Register FAQ BrownyPlayer Members List
Mark Forums Read

Ian Brown Everything Ian Brown in here.

Old 31-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #26
ryan_
In The Shadow Of A Saint

Thanks Given: 0
Just a quick one from me, absolutely awesome night, couldn't nock any of it. The gig was amazing, the afterdoo was cracking was great to see some old faces, and meet some new ones too, you all know who you are. Everyone was in great spirits, and i didnt see one drop of trouble all day/night. All in all, good times !
Old 31-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #27
charley
Superstar
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 51
Awww some great reviews there..

Keep 'em coming! Cheers x
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #28
monkeyjim
Like An Ostrich

A cool night

Found this place after seeking out like minded types! So pleased everyone else was as stoked as me to see Ian and Mani back up there. After all the rumors last Glasto when everyone thought that they'd do IATR I thought it wasn't going to happen.

Despite the bloke sat to the left of me burping stinky burps all night, it was fantastic!

Loved Ian's comment about all the "Blue noses"!

The new tracks sounded great, but Ian was a bit out of key. I think that the monitor speakers were playing up for him, he seemed to be asking some one to turn soemthing up. Must be tough when you can't hear yourself.

It may of been a strange choice playing new songs, but he must be really proud of them and get everyone excited about what he considers to be his best stuff to date.
Sounds like it's going to be more orchestral/break-beat like the unkle stuff. Cant wait for the new album.

Still can't believe they played IATR, I never dance at gigs because I'm shit at dancing, and too self conscious, but the rhythm got to me and couldn't help myself!!!

Didn't realise the Doves played anything but a DJ set, when were they on? Me and my girlf got to see McCalmont and Butler play Yes, gutted I missed the other tracks (She wanted to queue for the late t-shirts!), as I thought they had parted company. Other high points were: The Killing Moon and Atmosphere - which really suited Ian McCullochs voice. I'm not a massive Oasis fan, but Noels set was fantastic - especially the Smiths There is a light, the ladies on the strings were great. Wished he'd played Masterplan, especially because he had the strings.

All in all a great night, hope we get a dvd, so IATR can be enjoyed over and over again.

Thanks for the vids, now I'm back home it all seems like a distant memory!

Thanks to Andy Rourke for putting on such a great 'Do'! Here's to next year, maybe The Mondays will do that!!
monkeyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 08:24 PM   #29
kymystry
HotNeck
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 538
Nice post mate .. and welcome to the forum

Good to hear the voice of reason too about the new songs, nice one

kymystry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #30
scott houghton
Social Chameleon

totally agree with your mini review party. what an awesome night. ian was class as ever, what a legend. the new songs didnt dampen my buzz on the night, just shouted louder to drown out the moaners. i know people who would have loved to be there but couldnt, then you get idiots moaning like that i was disgusted with their behaviour. cant believe you've not seen charlatans before, best live band around for me. get to a gig when they next tour, you wont be dissappointed. they always finish with spronston green and its efing awesome. anyway hope everyone enjoyed the night, roll on next year.

Last edited by scott houghton; 31-03-2007 at 09:05 PM..
scott houghton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #31
bathing
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 885
I can't believe it! I connect to the internet,get on the Forum and compose my review of the gig,for about 20 mins,I go to submit it and my pc claims to be offline......lost it all.
So......
The Charlies and Weller were great.
Ian was superb apart from last track.
Noel was amazing and made me hug Heppy.
IATR was a fitting finale,danced my 50%polyester socks off...truely spine tingling!

Night and Day was

One final thing.....me and Mart were like Bill Hicks an Dennis Leary....quite ironic considering the events charity.
Old 31-03-2007, 10:38 PM   #32
ecasey10
Social Chameleon
Forum Donator

quality night. came from ireland and it was well worth it. only had seatin tickets and had to give some boy 20 to let us into standin. he had loadsa charity spirit!!!! worth the extra money tho.
can't remember some but wat i do was amazin. wish ib had more time on stage..
ecasey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 10:57 PM   #33
superbatmatt
Walking Miles

pmsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathing View Post
One final thing.....me and Mart were like Bill Hicks an Dennis Leary....quite ironic considering the events charity.
@ Mart... "put it away and gimme a hug!!"

You can wash your hands but you can't wash your soul... we live in The Wake of the World
superbatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #34
Mart_
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbatmatt View Post
pmsl

@ Mart... "put it away and gimme a hug!!"
Aye Matt mate. I remember it vividly. The first time we met was in a dingey bog in the centre of town. We do things in style on this forum dont we?

And pray alas was Sir Super Matt at said gig? I know one wasnt at the old N&D. We could have 'crossed swords' so to speak again.....

Hope you are well dude, much love, Mart
Mart_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:05 AM   #35
superbatmatt
Walking Miles

Didn't make it down in the end Mart had to get up for work at 6am ... would've been nice to have 'crossed swords' again1! thrilled you all had a top night, though! I'm organsing a charity gig in town myself soon, so maybe we'll all 'lock horns' again then!

You can wash your hands but you can't wash your soul... we live in The Wake of the World
superbatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:10 AM   #36
heppy
Just Like You
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 115
Last night was great.
Weller n Charlies doing 'Malice'.
Ians set was great.
Noel was mega.
Finale was unbelievable.Especially mine and Daves dancing.
Met loads of ya.
Big ups to Bathing,Mart n Cal,Den n Andy,JuJu,Rubes,Joel,Ryan,Moeproductions,sugarspun sister,Stokesy,Only One Stop
Sorry if i've forgot anyone.

WHO ARE YOU?
A..........J..................H.......
It was a pleasure to be in your company Dave.
Nice 1

Last edited by heppy; 01-04-2007 at 12:26 AM..
heppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #37
kymystry
HotNeck
Forum Donator

found on youtube ...

IATR

Old 01-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #38
lowrider
Cut Like A Diamond

Thanks Given: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymystry View Post
found on youtube ...

IATR

Nice find Kim, just relived the gig finale again!!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 AM   #39
heppy
Just Like You
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 115
Yeah.
Nice one Kim.
Tingles again.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:48 AM   #40
orangy
Whisperer

wish i was there, i want to hear the new songs
orangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:52 AM   #41
kymystry
HotNeck
Forum Donator

Clips from the new songs are here, with thanks our our very own *kc*

on track

goodbye to the broken

Old 01-04-2007, 02:16 AM   #42
juju
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Love Almighty View Post
Tele Savallas reporting here live from Wythenshawe Social Club, having despatched a hugely hungover Dave Bathing from Stockport Train station on a 3 hour journey Im glad Im not doing. The proceeding KFC still isnt helping our headaches or stomachs, but Newt is looking after Mum and Dan in their hour of need.

What a afternoon and then what a night...Getting the downers out of the way, there were some key people missing from this key event. You know who you are and we can only reitierate how much you were missed.

Started off by meeting up in the Vic Station Bar, there was an Almighty and a Mrs Almighty, A Bathing, A Punkylass and an Andy, Juju & a Spike Island appeared with a DJ called Lowrider complete with crutches which were used as weapons if anyone came near, and a sea of IB Superstar trainers, a collection the likes of God has never seen. In fact, last night there was a world record broken for the most amount of Adidas clobber worn in one square hectare. Then a Heppy manifested, Only One Stop hot footin it from Edinburgh, and I think AJH was in early on with friends. After a few jars and half a pint I managed to pour down meself, and just in time to miss that tit called Frank Sidebottom, we wandered on just in time to catch The Charlatans. Tim? If you gonna wear Adidas, try JJB mate. But set-wise, some of you may know my thoughts on The C, they were pretty good, gotta be said. Then in no particular order, Mani earnt his corn by spinning a few well chosen numbers. Hes a cheeky chappy and everyone loves him, full stop. Some Scream on there, think Prodigys Smack my Beatch up was enjoyed. Mrs Almighty decides a call of natures required, just as IBX comes on to a massive ovation and bangs into Golden Gaze. Beauty...then a few other numbers which someones already mentioned, Dolphins, FEAR. IBX decides to wind up the scousers in the place with references to Gary Neville. Personally, it doesnt get much better than that...Hehe. Then an announcement about 2 new tunes, and straight onto On track with vocals. Fuckin loved it, next question. The next one was something like Goodbye to the Broken (?) (Help here needed as Im senile). In an IBX gig, bring it on, there? Im not so sure. But like Ive said before, he could do Nana Mouskouri covers and hit the spot. He must have stopped smoking recently, cos he jogged on the spot all night. I wouldnt last 2 minutes in a five aside against 5 year olds. I thought he was good, but then Im Mart and Im a biased f*cker. Saw a bit of Mr Weller with The C's and cant remember when he came on. When your sat in the Gods its very easy to skin up, and my memories not what it used to be....

Wandered on down to the bar, remortgaged the house to buy some water and a beer or two, opened up the 3rd packet of Marlboro Lights, did me abolutions, and went back in as Noel started up. Tell yer what, why the fuck he has his brother involved is beyond me. I dont have a CD/MP3 whatever of any Oasis stuff cos basically I cant stand the f*ckers. I may have changed my mind after his performance last night, but stay solo Noel your brother irritates the bollocks off me. Most of your classics with Slide Away to finish. Missed a portion of the night like the Doves etc. Mr Love Almighty was loving Mrs Almighty at one stage, thats all you need to know.

The finale (It was I am the Resurrection for those of you who were born on the sun)was beautiful and one of those 'take it all in' moments when you pan round from the stage to the crowd and you can just feel it? You know? Yeah....Beautiful that.

Then out into the night, to find a Night and Day, where we successfully ambushed an Andy (moeproductions) from Poole with his mate for his tambourine. Somehow Andy had managed to get his face on the screen. Again....But great lad, shame he couldnt come to N&D.

Hit the N&D where Mr DJ Lowrider delivered yet another epic performance as we all danced like our dads til the wee hours. We also met Sugarspunsister, Stoksey and if Ive forgotten anyone, sorry, Im old. There were no nutters which was good. Or at least we manage to body swerve em and everyone looked like theyd had a laugh . And then we met cus who came into our lives like a texan tornado and made us all laugh our bollocks off. Mad as a March hare and beautiful at the same time.

For those of you who missed it, we all missed you. For a great cause against the mighty C, it was a fuckin top night, and Andy Rourke deserves a mention. Im sure some pictures will follow. Easy, laters, Mart n Cal XXXXX
bestest review ever in the hisory of reviwers or reviwees ever....
Shamone

mart and cal========= Pure Harmony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_ View Post
Just a quick one from me, absolutely awesome night, couldn't nock any of it. The gig was amazing, the afterdoo was cracking was great to see some old faces, and meet some new ones too, you all know who you are. Everyone was in great spirits, and i didnt see one drop of trouble all day/night. All in all, good times !
ryan me ole fruit,cant belive i was such an ignorant bast....
."unndoutabley a tad stoned :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heppy View Post
Last night was great.
Weller n Charlies doing 'Malice'.
Ians set was great.
Noel was mega.
Finale was unbelievable.Especially mine and Daves dancing.
Met loads of ya.
Big ups to Bathing,Mart n Cal,Den n Andy,JuJu,Rubes,Joel,Ryan,Moeproductions,sugarspun sister,Stokesy,Only One Stop
Sorry if i've forgot anyone.

WHO ARE YOU?
A..........J..................H.......
It was a pleasure to be in your company Dave.
Nice 1

so good to see you again sunshine heppy days....x

Last edited by juju; 01-04-2007 at 02:30 AM..
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:08 PM   #43
*kc*
All Ablaze
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 1
TIME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz_2b0yoDhU

FEAR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxL23W0ydQg

Once again sorry about the dodgy quality, i have now been officially sacked from my role as 'videoer' because a) I can't stay still b) I have a strange obsession with the zoom button and c) I get too wasted and therefore problems a and b get increasingly worse!!... My better half took the IATR clip and it's loads better Anyway as i say, they are better than nowt...
*kc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:21 PM   #44
monkeyjim
Like An Ostrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymystry View Post
found on youtube ...

IATR
Oh magical! Thanks ever so much for this. Watched it several times already this morning! Going to show it to all my mates now, who weren't very interested in going to the gig!

HA! damn their lack of enthusiasm!
monkeyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #45
rubyroo
Like An Ostrich

It were alright that.

Our mate fell asleep in the middle of the charlatans and began drooling which was nice.

It seemed ian only got what felt like 10 minutes thanks to a certain Gallagher.

But hearing him completely fluff "dolphins were monkeys" up yet again made me laugh

"and dolphins were monkeys..and dolphins were monkeys..and monkeys like land..and monkeys have hands..and dolphins were walking the sand..i like sand..."
rubyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:19 PM   #46
M16-w.a.p.
Like An Ostrich

Excuse my ignorance but who was the guy who sang the chorus during Ressurection on stage? I know Ian left it to the crowd but someone came on in a hooped black and white top and sang down the microphone. I couldn't tell who it was.
M16-w.a.p. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #47
Mart_
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by M16-w.a.p. View Post
Excuse my ignorance but who was the guy who sang the chorus during Ressurection on stage? I know Ian left it to the crowd but someone came on in a hooped black and white top and sang down the microphone. I couldn't tell who it was.
Marcel Marceau?....Sorry thats a bit naughty....Hope you had a good time M16...
Mart_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #48
JSU
In The Shadow Of A Saint

Anyone remember the actual running order of the set? I know these are the songs played but not the actual order of them.

F.E.A.R.
Golden Gaze
Dolphins Were Monkeys
Time Is My Everything
On Track
Goodbye To The Broken

and were Hooky and Ryder on stage for IATR, Brownie introduces them at the beginning but you can only see Mani and Rourke in the video.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #49
*kc*
All Ablaze
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSU View Post
Anyone remember the actual running order of the set? I know these are the songs played but not the actual order of them.

F.E.A.R.
Golden Gaze
Dolphins Were Monkeys
Time Is My Everything
On Track
Goodbye To The Broken

and were Hooky and Ryder on stage for IATR, Brownie introduces them at the beginning but you can only see Mani and Rourke in the video.

It was;

GG
Dolphins
TIME
FEAR
On Track
Goodbye to the broken

And aye I think Hooky and Ryder both stayed on mate
*kc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #50
SocialChameleon
Like An Ostrich

How nuts did it go when Ian went over and grabbed mani and they had it on the big screen!!1 Talk about tingles down the spine!!!

Ian Brown Official Discussion Forums > Ian Brown Forums > Ian Brown