Go Back   Ian Brown Official Discussion Forums > The Stone Roses Forum > The Stone Roses
Home Register FAQ BrownyPlayer Members List
Mark Forums Read

The Stone Roses Everything Stone Roses in here.

Old 27-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #51
Philip L
Cut Like A Diamond
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 247
V looks like a crap one TBH, apart from the obvious high spots (TSR etc) i'd rather do anything else apart from see Tinnie Tantrum or Elllie Goulding or what ever she is called!!!! But then The Proclaimers are playing.............!!!!!!!!
Old 27-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #52
celticbhoy
Jewelled Abductor

Thanks Given: 30
is it just me,but does anyone else think most of the festivals these days are a mish mash or real artists and x factor or manufactured garbage,i find it very strange,a festival was always for real music and real talent.the music scene is certainly dying on its arse,there are about 4 or five credible big bands out there not counting the ones we havent heard that are struggling in pubs and clubs that would blow some of these so called artists out the water..there is one band i have always felt very sorry for and that is THE CORAL the most underated band in britain,great albums and what a voice lead singer james skelly has,they havent had a bad a single yet they dont get the recognition they deserve,they should be up there with the arctics and so on.shame. that is one band i would love to see supporting the roses,i know mani is huge fan,but how many breaks do you need to make it...the radio stations are a disgrace,makes me wonder if the stone roses new single (which will happen) will get the airplay it deserves..
Old 27-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #53
dipper1967
Cut Like A Diamond

Thanks Given: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticbhoy View Post
is it just me,but does anyone else think most of the festivals these days are a mish mash or real artists and x factor or manufactured garbage,i find it very strange,a festival was always for real music and real talent.the music scene is certainly dying on its arse,there are about 4 or five credible big bands out there not counting the ones we havent heard that are struggling in pubs and clubs that would blow some of these so called artists out the water..there is one band i have always felt very sorry for and that is THE CORAL the most underated band in britain,great albums and what a voice lead singer james skelly has,they havent had a bad a single yet they dont get the recognition they deserve,they should be up there with the arctics and so on.shame. that is one band i would love to see supporting the roses,i know mani is huge fan,but how many breaks do you need to make it...the radio stations are a disgrace,makes me wonder if the stone roses new single (which will happen) will get the airplay it deserves..
The Coral, fookin brilliant mate.
Old 27-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #54
iloveroses
Starduster

Thanks Given: 46
Love the Coral

"Thank you. We'll be back!"
iloveroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #55
celticbhoy
Jewelled Abductor

i dont know many that dont like the coral,dreaming of you is one of the best singles of the last 20 years.
Old 27-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #56
iloveroses
Starduster

Butterfly House was my favourite album from 2010.

I see some back-lash against the Roses has already begun on their FB page, some people calling them sell-outs and a few saying they're going to sell their tickets for Heaton Park

Old 27-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #57
Tuffgong79
In The Shadow Of A Saint

Thanks Given: 208
I hope they do sell their tickets. No real fan would sell them over a few festival appearances aand it means someone who actually wants to go will get them. These "fans" would only ruin the atmosphere anyway.
Old 27-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #58
celticbhoy
Jewelled Abductor

why are these people on the fb page in the first place..there is always a backlash,they are a bit late arent they,the fools the fools...heaton park will be cemented in history of massive gigs..we shall be involved in that history..bring it on.
Old 27-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #59
iloveroses
Starduster

There's no pleasing some people, is there? The best band in the world is back playing and making music, they're giving lot of people around the world a chance to see them, for some for the first time, and still you get moaners complaining about this and that. No one's forced to go, if they don't want to. More tickets for those that want to.

Old 27-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #60
Tuffgong79
In The Shadow Of A Saint

I noriced the majority of those doing the complaining this time were either still at highschool or looked like briefcase wankers who would be better suited to a night at the theater! No great loss.
Old 27-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #61
Scotty
Walking Miles

Thanks Given: 89
What are they complaining about? Did they expect them to do 3 gigs at Heaton Park and nothing else?
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #62
'Jailer'

Thanks Given: 965
Thanked 2,101 Times in 842 Posts
I fail to see what people are bitching about. The Roses said they were doing gigs at Heaton Park and then off around the World.
Some people are just pig thick.
Old 27-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #63
bathing
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 905
If i find out some whinging gimp gets a V ticket instead of me......i shall be sending out my legion of angry flying bastard monkeys to remove the straw from their insides.

dangerous dave in his stripey socks xx
Old 27-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #64
Billie Jean
Cut Like A Diamond

Thanks Given: 645
Jeez why can't everyone stop moaning? The best band in the world are back together. The more gigs they do, the more people get to see them. Did people expect Heaton Park and that's it?
Why don't some people just get a life?
Old 27-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #65
Philip L
Cut Like A Diamond
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 247
They can do as many Festivals as they want!!! Good for the Lads!
Old 27-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #66
Camnic
Cut Like A Diamond
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 372
I feel honoured that I have managed to secure tickets to see them at Heaton Park and anything else to me would be a bonus!
xxxxxx
Camnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #67
Billie Jean
Cut Like A Diamond

Thanks Given: 645
Spot on Phil
Old 27-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #68
Tuffgong79
In The Shadow Of A Saint

There's one guy complaining about how Heaton Park was meant to be the first gig and how it's now the last, after ALL the festival appearances! Surely someone this misinformed cannot be a die hard fan, and had only purchased Heaton Park tickets almost solely to say they were at the first gig(s)?. Anyway, he says he will now be selling his tickets due to his disgust. Good! I really should avoid the FB page because I just get annoyed and end up arguing with these arseholes but I can't help myself haha
Old 27-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #69
Camnic
Cut Like A Diamond
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffgong79 View Post
There's one guy complaining about how Heaton Park was meant to be the first gig and how it's now the last, after ALL the festival appearances! Surely someone this misinformed cannot be a die hard fan, and had only purchased Heaton Park tickets almost solely to say they were at the first gig(s)?. Anyway, he says he will now be selling his tickets due to his disgust. Good! I really should avoid the FB page because I just get annoyed and end up arguing with these arseholes but I can't help myself haha
Look on the bright side- there will be two more tickets for sale to genuine fans!
xxxxxx
Camnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:
Old 27-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #70
matt1878
Walking Miles

Thanks Given: 275
What is the problem with these pricks. The more gigs the better. To me the Heaton Park gigs are just a (significant) part of the reformation of the greatest band of the last 25 years.

Some people are so up their own arses.
Old 27-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #71
iloveroses
Starduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffgong79 View Post
Yeah, I saw that. Sad individual.

I ended up with a ticket for Friday as well as Sunday, but if I had only got the Sunday, I would have been more than happy! Who cares if it's the first time or not? It's the first time for me, and that's not going to change even if they played 20 gigs before the one I'm at!

Old 27-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #72
iloveroses
Starduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnic View Post
Look on the bright side- there will be two more tickets for sale to genuine fans!
xxxxxx
Quite right!

Old 27-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #73
celticbhoy
Jewelled Abductor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroses View Post
Yeah, I saw that. Sad individual.

I ended up with a ticket for Friday as well as Sunday, but if I had only got the Sunday, I would have been more than happy! Who cares if it's the first time or not? It's the first time for me, and that's not going to change even if they played 20 gigs before the one I'm at!
well bloody said if i must say,these people are not roses fans they just lurk in the background looking for something to say,they have probs hardly ever been to a gig,ive seen the roses and i more excited about standing next to my m8s and a couple of their sons who havent seen them looking at their faces when the legends the roses walk on stage on the friday nite,and i couldnt care less what nite now,these people are not real fans..real fans support the band no matter what,bring it on,as i have said before i still cant get my head round this,its going to the best atmosphere ever.

Last edited by celticbhoy; 28-02-2012 at 12:37 AM..
celticbhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #74
dipper1967
Cut Like A Diamond

Thanks Given: 192
thank fook i'm not on fb. the facking caants.
Old 28-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #75
Return of the Fisherman
Standing Free Since 1903
Forum Donator

Thanks Given: 77
any word on what night they might be playing Sziget?
I'm leaning towards that...Unfortunately my bank balance can't handle Fuji rocks

Ian Brown Official Discussion Forums > The Stone Roses Forum > The Stone Roses